Monday, May 12, 2008

I know this guy...

I know this guy. He's a dear friend...one of those I don't see but once every few months (if that) and still can just talk to like we hung out yesterday. That is a rare kind of friend. He is an absolutely brilliant musician. You can give him words you scribbled on paper, tell him your feelings about something, or even tell him about a dream in passing and he can put it to music in a way that will grab your soul and keep it!

Despite his brilliance, this guy; however, is constantly questioning his abilities. God has given him such great talent... No, he isn't the best speller and it's true, he can't always think of the right words or phrases he means in speaking....but we all have special gifts to offer the world.
His are HUGE and beautiful.

This guy...he has a heart of gold. He is compassionate and wonderful, kind, caring and sweet. He is someone you can talk to. You can tell him your deepest, most meaningful secrets and know they are safe. He listens without judging and only gives his opinion when he is certain it is correct enough to not do harm. He is beautiful and a wonderful friend.

We all have insecurities. Life is short and we all have goals we want to accomplish. The trick I think is remembering that despite the previous sentence... life is a gift and should be enjoyed, EVERY STEP, each endeavor, each person we meet, each life we affect/touch, each victory, each failure, every step we take has meaning at that point in our life.

Finding a soulmate will come, making our millions or finding the place we'll be for a while, deciding what job we want long-term...all that will come.

I hope this guy remembers that he is an amazing person with incredible heart and talent.
I hope this guy remembers that his true love will come... when it's right.
I hope this guy remembers that everyone he meets and every job he does changes his life.
I hope this guy remembers to smile everyday!

No comments: