Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 11th

On June11th, 2008, Matthew Craig Stevens turned 6 years old. To celebrate the momentus occasion, Grandma Beth cooked spaghetti (at Matthew's request) and we all gathered to have dinner, cake and ice cream.

In the midst of the iron man toys, games, and books I realized that my 5 year old was gone forever. 6 will be a wonderful age and first grade will bring so many new adventures... but I will sorely miss and remember fondly the Kindergarten days.

The youngest child is much like the oldest... With the oldest, everything is new and different. You savor each milestone and document everything. With the youngest, you know it's your last chance to enjoy these amazing childhood years... so again, you savor each milestone and document everything.

Let me tell you a little bit about Matthew Craig Stevens....for posterity reasons of course!

Matthew Craig Stevens, 6 years old, 41" tall, 33.8 lbs.
Matthew currently is playing coach pitch little league, which he enjoys and is quite good at. He is an excellent batter and plays a mean 2nd base! His first love; however, would be soccer. Matthew loves to run and is very fast. He typically outruns the taller kids on his teams and at school. So given this, soccer is his favorite sport. He is very coordinated and is good at soccer.

Matthew is an avid reader who is reading at about a second grade level. He loves books, especially scary ones or ones about bugs and creepy, gross things. Matthew loves movies (especially seeing them in the "feetier" or "theetier").

If you ask Matthew today what he wants to be when he grows up he will tell you "an inventor". "Why?", you would probably ask next.... "So I can invent an Ironman suit." Hello, WHY ELSE?

Matthew loves to hang out with his older brothers and do everything they do. He is sad when Nathaniel isn't with us. He adores Nathaniel and whenever possible, he dresses exactly like him (or as close as he can get his own wardrobe to match).

Matthew's best friend; however, is his Grandpa. They play, laugh, and crack each other up. What a lucky little boy.

Isreal is a friend who Matthew loves to be with. They play all day without issue. They stick up for each other with brotherly force and like the same things.

Some other friends Matthew likes to be around are Morgan (and her sisters), Jaedyn (who lives 2 doors down from Grandpa & Grandma), Frankie (his best friend at Chaparral Elementary), Rey and Ernesto (also friends at Chaparral).

Matthew misses his cousin Ben. Matthew and Ben if they lived closer I'm sure would be as close to brothers as 2 boys could be. One month apart in age, they are 2 peas in a pod. Not exactly the same in any respect, but just different enough to compliment each other. Matthew talks about Ben on a daily basis like he just saw him yesterday!

I'm sure I will think about more things to tell you about Matthew Craig Stevens, but for now I will take a break. It's summertime and he's busy working on his First Grade workbook. Gotta keep the mind sharp, so I am summerschoolin'!

I will post birthday party pictures this weekend after the Chuck E. Cheese party on Saturday.

No comments: