Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Earling Morning BRAWL...

This morning around 6am, my dog, Zeus (yes, the one from the last story) woke me with violent barking right under my bedroom window.

First of all, just yesterday evening, he got his junk stuck in the fence. You'd think he'd quit jumping it for a while...NO. This morning, I woke to violent barking - like he was attacking something. So I leaped out of bed and over to the window only to see him chasing what I thought was maybe a rooster.

I have never seen a rooster around our house, but you never know.

I watched a few seconds before opening the window to yell at him to stop and try and scare the "whatever it was" away with my voice. It didn't work - on either one. Then after maybe a minute or two of me yelling at them, I smelled it...

IT WAS A SKUNK!

Oh my lord, the smell instantaneously filled my room and soon the whole house. All before 7am! NOT COOL!

It then took me about 10 minutes in stinky anguish to wake Michael to go make sure it wasn't dead near the house (because if it was, we'd have to smell it for DAYS).

Zeus, our family greeter, is now scheduled for a bath. Hopefully I will have time tonight. He is a hard one to avoid being the "greeter" and all...

I wonder, "fence" incident yesterday, "skunk" incident today, whatever could be next???

LOL! Check back tomorrow to find out...

Cost: approx. $11.00 in air freshners/candles

1 comment:

Karen said...

Just like Marley! (K2 was here)