On December 4th, 2008, Matthew will have surgery on his left leg.
The surgery is called "Femur Varus Osteotomy".
We will go to Albuquerque on 12/3/08 for his pre-op appointment. That day we are also trying to schedule an appointment with Child Life Services so they can meet us at the hospital and give Matthew a "kid tour" and kind of help him understand the process, see where he will be, and answer his questions on his level.
Matthew will be in the hospital, I believe for 2 days following his surgery and then will be able to go home.
Craig has explained the surgery to Matthew somewhat since he has been through hip surgery as well. So far Matthew's only question was on 11/18/08. As I dropped him off at school in the morning, he started to walk in and then turned around and with a worried look whispered, "Mom, when I have surgery on my hip do I have to stay in the hospital all by myself?" I responded, "Oh my gosh, no way. No, no way. We will be there the whole time." He smiled and walked to class.
No comments:
Post a Comment