Monday, November 17, 2008

Today I got....

....a little dose of reality. I had set Matthew's clothes for the day out. I woke him up. He whined a little bit about his leg hurting but I reassured him it was ok and then got in the shower. While I was in the shower, Matthew whined, "Mom, I can't put my jeans on." "What?", I replied. "Why not?"

"My leg hurts and I can't bend it to put my jeans on." I told him to wait and I'd be out shortly and would help him. 20 minutes later I got out of the shower to find him lying on the bed with his pants up only to his calves.

Those of you who know Matthew know he doesn't sit and wait on anyone. He is independent and does for himself. It must've really hurt. Worse than usual. He did limp a lot this past weekend. Plus, on Saturday, we had some friends over and had a bonfire in our backyard. Matthew, Wylie and Bryce ran around and played football for a couple hours. I'm sure that contributed.

Needless to say, I kept him home today. He is resting his leg.
Surgery and recovery kind of scare me to be honest.

However, I count my blessings. There is a little boy named Joseph who is 6 years old. He played on Matthew's soccer team just a month ago. He's a super goal-scorer. A few days ago he was diagnosed with Leukemia. This past weekend he had a bone marrow test, blood transfusion, and his first round of chemo. All in one weekend. He is a sweet little boy that loves soccer, running, and playing. He's got a cute little smile and a quiet demeanor.

PLEASE KEEP JOSEPH and MATTHEW IN YOUR PRAYERS!

No comments: